Modern Slavery Act 2015: Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement
This statement outlines the potential modern slavery and human trafficking risks related to the business. It also establishes the necessary steps the business takes to ensure that there is no slavery or human trafficking in VSI’s business and supply chains. VSI maintains relationships with many different organisations in its supply chain, as well as directly employing people. In line with the law on employment and human rights and more specifically, the Modern Slavery Act 2015, as well as our moral duty, VSI is committed to preventing slavery and human trafficking in our corporate activities, and ensuring that our supply chain is free from slavery and human trafficking.
Organisational Structure and Supply Chains
This policy covers all the activities of Voice & Script International Limited and its subsidiaries. It governs our business dealings and the conduct of all people or organisations with whom we contract directly, or who we appoint to act on our behalf. We expect all individuals who maintain a business relationship with VSI, and members of our organisation, to familiarise themselves with our anti-slavery policy and behave, at all times, in a manner that is consistent with this policy. Our company currently operates in the following locations:
London, Los Angeles, Paris, Berlin, Rome, Milan, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, Amsterdam, Stockholm, Brussels, Budapest, Ljubljana, Zagreb, Belgrade, Bucharest, Warsaw, Moscow, Istanbul, Tel Aviv, Cairo, Buenos Aires, Mexico City.
The following policies describe our approach to the identification of modern slavery risks and the steps taken to prevent slavery and human trafficking in our operations:
- Anti-corruption and Bribery Policy - It is our policy to conduct all of our business in an honest and ethical manner. We are committed to acting professionally, fairly and with integrity in all our business dealings and relationships. Our anti-bribery policy sets out the conditions under which anyone doing business with VSI must adhere to.
- Anti-slavery - We are committed to acting ethically and with integrity in all our business relationships and to implementing and enforcing effective systems and controls to ensure slavery and human trafficking is not taking place anywhere in our supply chains. We require all subcontractors, shareholders, freelancers and suppliers to agree to be bound by the provisions of the Act to ensure consistent compliance across the Group.
- HR Policy - We have zero tolerance of any threat of physical or sexual violence, harassment or intimidation against employees and their family, or close associates. Our policies are clearly defined and communicated to all employees. All of our employees are treated fairly and equally, and are paid at least the national minimum wage. Our employees are not required to work in excess of the number of hours permitted in law. Right to Work checks are carried out routinely to ensure that employees have a legal immigration status whilst employed with us.
- Purchasing Policy - The organisation is committed to conduct purchasing activities in a fair, objective and transparent manner that satisfies the requirements of accountability and internal controls including, but not limited to, Voice Script International Limited’s ‘Quality Management’, ‘Environmental’, ‘Ethical Code of practice’, ‘Anti-Bribery’ and ‘Modern slavery’ policies, which fulfil legal and financial obligations and effectively manage commercial risk. Emphasis is placed on selecting suppliers, goods and services that demonstrate recognisable, environmental, sustainable, business integrity along with Corporate Social Responsible standards including, but not limited to, compliance with laws and regulations, respect for human rights, labour working conditions, equal opportunities, health and safety accreditation, maintenance and promotion of information security, fair trade and acceptable corporate ethics.
- Whistleblowing Policy - We encourage all of our employees, customers and other business partners to report any concerns related to the direct activities, or the supply chains of, Voice Script International Ltd. This includes any circumstances that may give rise to an enhanced risk of slavery or human trafficking. Our whistleblowing procedure is designed to make it easy for employees to make disclosures, without fear of retaliation.
- Our values - Voice Script International Limited’s values are quality, global outlook, customer focus and accountability. We make it clear to our employees what actions and behaviour are expected of them when representing the company. We strive to maintain the highest standards of employee conduct and ethical behaviour when operating abroad and managing our supply chain.
We undertake due diligence when considering taking on new suppliers, and review our existing suppliers on a periodic basis. Our due diligence and reviews include:
- Mapping the supply chain broadly to assess particular product or geographical risks of modern slavery and human trafficking;
- Evaluating the modern slavery and human trafficking risks of each new supplier;
- Conducting supplier audits or assessments which have a greater degree of focus on slavery and human trafficking where general risks are identified;
- Invoking sanctions against suppliers that fail to improve their performance in line with an action plan or seriously violate our supplier code of conduct, including the termination of the business relationship.
Our effectiveness in combating slavery and human trafficking
We monitor the effectiveness of our policies and procedures by the number of reports, notifications or alerts that we receive which indicate that an issue connected to modern slavery has been identified. VSI is pleased to report that as at the date of this statement, no such report has been brought to our attention.